I am not exaggerating when I tell you that Yuletide is my favourite time of year. And I am not one of those gung-ho holiday types. But Yuletide is my second-favourite thing about this season (second only to watching my kid enjoy Christmas). I've been participating for too many years to count, and I've loved every minute, even the stress-y ones.
( Optional details are totally optional )
- A natural or manmade disaster strikes and characters must work together to save themselves and others
- AU - The Zombie Apocalypse strikes - what is life like and how do the characters manage?
- Wacky roadtrip, a la "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"
- Character backstories - I love a good backstory!
- The road not taken...what happens when a character makes a different decision than in canon. How does the story (and more importantly, the character) change as a result of the decision.
- First times - first kisses, first loves, first day of school/prison/the army/whatever
- 5+1 (As in Five times X happened and 1 time it didn't) is a tried and true format - I'd eat any 5+1 with a spoon. (And it doesn't have to be 5 +1, it could be 3 or 7 or whatever works for you.)
- Song fic - I don't even need to know the song. (But if you're a fan of The National, you literally cannot go wrong with any of their songs.)
- Crossovers - I love crossovers like Whoa! They are seriously my favourite fandom genre. I would be delighted to see crossovers between any of my requests or with any of these fandoms: Friday Night Lights, Supernatural, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, The Good Place, My So-Called Life, Homeland (although I'm only current to season 5), Stranger Things, Orange is the New Black, Sons of Anarchy, or Leverage.
The Big C - Any character - I love these people, and I just want more stories about them. I love how awkward and sarcastic Adam is. I love the way Cathy and Sean are such siblings. I love how Andrea is so comfortable in her own skin. I'd love a cross-over with S1 FNL in which the Jamisons move to Dillon (maybe for another clinical trial), and Eric recruits Adam for the football team, maybe as a kicker. Alternatively, a little darker AU in which both of Adam's parents die and Sean becomes his guardian and they go hobo-style on the road, ending up in Dillon. Or, for a Sons of Anarchy cross-over, I can totally see S1 Cathy going to California for some 'live your life' moment and running into S1 Jax.
Bill Hodges Trilogy - I am so fascinated by the relationship that Bill and Holly have. I'd love to see them having fun, taking on a case, whatever. How does Bill prepare Holly for the events at the end of End of Watch? How does Jerome help Holly from becoming overwhelmed, or maybe Holly just needs help feeling her feelings. Or, you know, stay away from the sad stuff and go lighter. Maybe Holly has a movie night where she tries to get Bill into the 21st century. (No need to include all three characters if it doesn't suit your story.)
Fargo - I just want to see Winnie, Gloria, and Molly solving crimes and being awesome together. I don't care how it happens. And I will love you forever if you manage to get Grace from Saving Grace involved. Alternatively, I'd love a back story for any of the characters. Or a crazy BFF adventure with Winnie and Gloria. Or the story of how Gloria helps Winnie after her husband finally knocks her up. Or maybe Winnie and Molly meet in a toddler playgroup or something and suspect one of the other mothers of something and then hijinks ensue. Once agin, no need to include all 4 characters if it doesn't suit you.
Saving Grace - I always shipped Grace and Ham, particularly self-destructive!Grace and emo-caring-but-still-super-sexy-Ham. (And how about when the tables were reversed when Ham went off the rails?) I suppose my number 1 wish for this fandom would be an AU where things end differently. Back stories are awesome. Earl goes t-shirt shopping is an interesting premise. Would love a glimpse into the life of Rhetta and Grace when they were teenagers. I realize my other shows have more thoughts but don't think that means I love Grace any less. Would also enjoy anything that resembled the teamy goodness of casefic and bonus points if it involved pranks. :)